WHAT IS OUTREACH?
Outreach is what Christ commanded us to do. Even though the word
“outreach” is not mentioned in the Bible, the intent of Christ's message is
clearly given in the following passages, and these are only a few of many:
Matthew 28:19: “Go ye therefore and make disciples of all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy
Mark 16:15: “And he said to them, ‘Go into all the world and proclaim the
good news to the whole creation’.”
Luke 4:18: “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed
me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed to go
From the above passages, we see that our mission is to carry the message
of Christ to the world. This fits with our mission statement: We are called,
"To be a light, living as a witness to Christ's love,
serving and nurturing all."
When we interact with others as witnesses of Christ's love, we are
reaching out. That is the basic element of Outreach.
The most obvious outreach is when we provide service to those in need:
feeding the hungry, clothing the poor, visiting the sick. These are
certainly scriptural. However, we must look beyond service to the way
we are viewed as Christians. Christ‐centered interaction with the
community and with individuals is essential to outreach.
You Can Be An Outreach Participant
Let an usher, a choir member, a lay reader, etc. know you are interested in
any of the following outreach activities, or share a new idea that you may
have to help us reach out to others as Christ’s witnesses.
* Once a month, we deliver donated food to Humble Area Assistance Ministries in Humble or to Churches United in Caring in Crosby.
* Join us as we serve breakfast three times per year at Lord of the Streets in downtown Houston.
*Join one or more of our ministries (Altar Guild, Ushers, Choir, etc.)
* Bring a friend to our Bible Studies.
* We have a Youth Ministry very focused on Outreach.
* Volunteer to help with our Outreach events, such as Breakfast with Santa and Bean Bag Golf.
* Say hello to an unfamiliar face and have coffee and a sweet roll together in our Parish Hall.
Each of us can be a light, living as a witness to Christ’s love, serving and nurturing all.
All Are Welcome, Come Join Us!
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved
Questions about website content email
Christ the King